Cathedral Canyon & Kayak Tour Package
Maybe you’re just looking for a pleasant isolated area to take a nature hike, or a setting to take photographs without too many people around. Try the rugged beauty of the grand majestic Cathedral Canyon with Antelope Slot Canyon Tours by Chief Tsosie
! Your native guide will point out various facts about the animal life in the area and the native plants once used by their ancestors long ago and what the local Navajo people still use today. You will also appreciate the fantastic rock formations that this canyon tour offers (Cathedral Hall, Four Sisters, Thumb Rock, Pucket Rock, and of course the astonishing slot canyons of this region). This adventure provides a personal touch to explore the beauty of the Navajo land. This canyon is located one mile from Chief Tsosie’s house and is more adventurous and provides a personal touch to explore mother nature and the beautiful tapestry sandstone walls of the Navajo land.
You'll then join us on a magnificent kayak tour through lower Antelope Canyon. On this relaxing paddling trip we'll kayak under massive cliffs past beautiful red rock and amazing photographic opportunities. Explore Lake Powell through this package deal in the personal and intimate way that you have always dreamt about.
Available Apr 1-Oct 31 and May 16-Sept 6.) Photos Gear List Lake MapPrice: $160 per person, $145 per child (ages 6-12)
(Minimum of 2 Adults)
Scheduled Tour Times:
(Apr 1-Oct 31 / No Sundays)
||5.5 - 6 hours
(Apr 1-Oct 31)
||5.5 - 6 hours
- All times are stated as Arizona Time, which is the same as Pacific Time unless you are visiting from early November to mid March. All times are subject to a 30 minute earlier or later change depending on weather conditions.
Expected Distance Paddled and Requirements:
- You will meet your guide at our shop location in Page: 816 Coppermine Rd, Page Arizona. You’ll then be picked up and shuttled by Antelope Slot Canyon Tours by Chief Tsosie to Upper Antelope Canyon. Directly after the tour ends in the Upper Antelope Canyon you’ll then follow your Kayak Powell guide in your vehicle to the Antelope Canyon public launch ramp parking lot, which is about a 20 minute drive from Page. Directions will also be provided in your confirmation email. If you do not have a vehicle contact Kayak Powell for options.
- 4 to 5 miles (6.5 - 8km) of paddling is typical, but it depends on the water level of the lake.
- Wavy conditions are common on the 2nd half of this tour.
- This tour is suitable for those who have a moderate level of physical fitness, including children.
- In general, the morning tour offers the calmest conditions, so it is recommended for weaker or younger paddlers if your schedule allows. In the afternoon winds often increase. The tour will not set out in unsafe conditions, but more effort may be required on the afternoon tours.
- It is required that participants have enough upper body strength to re-enter a capsized kayak quickly, which is a bit more difficult than exiting the deep end of a pool without using a ladder. This is critically important for spring tours, when the water is cold.
- Common destinations include Antelope Canyon, cliff areas, a scenic paddle, and occasional wildlife.
- Sit on top kayaks are generally used for the half day tour. Scupper stoppers (plugs to keep the inside of the boat drier) are used in March, April, October, and November on the Sit on top kayaks.
- Adults will be given single kayaks unless specified otherwise. Children will be given double kayaks. Strong teenagers can request a single kayak. If windy conditions are forecast, the guide may require use of double kayaks.
- The tour will include opportunities from June-October, a chance to swim.
- There are simple bathroom facilities at the parking lot. A "wag bag" style camp toilet will be provided during the tour.
- A snack (granola bars and fruit) and water refills are provided. Tour includes all kayak equipment.
- Are you a solo paddler? Check out our calendar and join an existing tour.
- Park entrance fee not included ($20 per vehicle).
Product Details - Register
||[select tour date on next page during registration]